Regarding the choice of phosphoric acid or ginger in beverages, we must say that, Phosphoric acid has no taste of its own. But it can be added as a flavoring to drinks and give the drinks a slightly sour and delicate taste. It can be used as a substitute for pickling citrus juices or for tang from ingredients such as ginger.
Regarding the choice of phosphoric acid or ginger in beverages, we must say that,
Phosphoric acid has no taste of its own. But it can be added as a flavoring to drinks and give the drinks a slightly sour and delicate taste.
It can be used as a substitute for pickling citrus juices or for tang from ingredients such as ginger.
Is Phosphoric Acid Harmful? Is consuming ginger in soft drinks better than citric acid?
Have you ever looked at the list of ingredients in your favorite beverage? Most likely, you will see phosphoric acid. It is a common additive in many processed foods. Manufacturers use it to add flavor and preserve freshness.
Phosphoric acid is a colorless, odorless crystalline liquid. It gives the drinks a spicy taste and prevents the growth of molds and bacteria that can easily multiply in the sweet solution. Most beverage acidity is also derived from phosphoric acid.
Phosphoric acid is made from the mineral phosphorus, which is found naturally in the body. Works with calcium to build strong bones and teeth. It also helps support kidney function and how your body uses and stores energy. Phosphorus helps your muscles recover after a hard workout. This mineral plays a major role in the growth of the body and is even required for the production of DNA and RNA, the genetic codes of living organisms.
Phosphorus is first converted to phosphorus pentoxide through a chemical production process. It is then treated again to phosphoric acid.
In fact, having too much phosphorus is more common than having too little phosphorus. Phosphorus is found naturally in many foods and phosphoric acid is used as a supplement, so most people get enough in their diet.
Your body needs phosphorus, but too much of it can cause problems. Reputable scientific articles show that consuming too much phosphorus can put you at risk for osteoporosis and heart disease.
Calcium and phosphorus work together to form and maintain healthy teeth and bones. Minerals must be balanced to be effective.
Excess phosphorus can reduce the amount of calcium in the body and lead to bone loss. It can also impair your body’s ability to use other minerals such as iron, zinc and magnesium.
Safety in moderation
The recommended daily allowance (RDA) of phosphorus required for normal body function is 700 mg. You can easily get this from natural food sources. Foods high in protein (such as meat, beans, eggs, poultry, and fish) are also usually high in phosphorus. This means that excess phosphoric acid from processed foods and beverages is probably more than the body needs.
Dark drinks have more phosphoric acid. The exception to this rule is root beer, which contains a very small amount.
Because many of us drink and eat processed foods, some health professionals are concerned about the American diet for phosphoric acid. For example, a soft drink may contain up to 500 mg of phosphoric acid. People who consume 4,000 mg of phosphorus a day are at high risk for the negative health effects associated with phosphorus.
Adults with kidney disease are advised not to consume more than 800 to 1000 mg of phosphorus per day. The kidneys help the body get rid of excess phosphorus, but if they do not work well, too much phosphorus can build up in the blood.
If, after reading the above, you still like to drink, some of the drinks on the market do not use phosphoric acid or use very small amounts, which can be a good choice for you and if you want to consume. Cut down on phosphoric acid, clear fizzy drinks like ginger, lemon drinks and flavored seltzers are all good choices. Plain seltzer water also does not contain additives.